About a month or so ago, I was given the opportunity to try Krill Oil by Everest Nutrition. They asked if they could send me a sample to try out, so I could tell you all about it.
I’ve taken fish oil before, partly because I don’t like to eat fish. For some reason it always tastes fishy! Hmmm… Anyway, I felt like I needed the benefits of the fish without having to taste it. My mother has had heart problems and I wanted to give my heart it’s best chance to be healthy and I thought fish oil was the way to go.
That may have been true and scientists say that fish oil is beneficial, but it seems that krill oil packs a bit more nutritional punch.
I decided to take the opportunity to try out the krill oil and this is what I discovered.
Krill Oil Claims:
- protects your heart by reducing “bad” cholesterol and increasing “good” cholesterol
- easier PMS in both physical and emotional ways
- less inflammation, thereby reducing pain and stiffness
- increases brain function ~ improving attention, concentration and mental focus
Krill Oil Nutrients:
- High levels of Omega-3, DHA, EPA, Phospholipids and Astaxanthin
- Free of impurities
What I found out:
- When I first took the krill oil, I did notice that they were easy to take and that they did not leave a fish odor or taste in my mouth. That’s a plus.
- A couple of weeks later, I went through PMS and, not only did I not cry at every Sarah McLaughlin help the abused animals commercials ~ I also didn’t snap my husband’s head off. Wow ~ impressive. I did still get a headache, but it didn’t last as long as it normally does. (Usually, medicine can’t touch those particular headaches for me, fyi).
- Over the last year or so, I’ve had a serious case of mommy brain ~ trouble retrieving words and slight forgetfulness and… what was I saying? Oh, right.. I’m joking here, but in all reality this may be the most marked improvement that I’ve noted in my test. My memory and word retrieval has improved significantly. Is it the power of suggestion or really the krill oil? I don’t know, but I do know that I will continue to take it after my sample runs out ~ I can tell you that!
- I haven’t checked my cholesterol, so I really can’t comment for sure on that part and I didn’t have any inflammation pain before either ~ so no feedback on that part.
The thing that I liked the most about the company, being a tree hugging nature nut, is their sustainability policy in the way that they collect their krill oil. They catch krill on a regulated limit, so they don’t disturb the ecosystem and leave enough for my friends, the whales.
Overall, I’m really happy with Everest Nutrition and their krill oil. I will be taking it in replacement of the fish oil that I was previously taking ~ and that says a lot, really. You can find out more information and order the krill oil by clicking on this link.*
If you do decide to try it, I would love for you to come back and leave me a comment or 10 to tell me what you think.
*I am not an affiliate, by the way. All of the opinions above are my own and are my honest accounts : )