Today you’re going to really have to concentrate to get your heart rate up because today’s challenge is to either:
- go take a hike OR
- go to the park
- (or both!)
It would be really easy to go take a slow hike or watch your kids play at the park (I see that all the time.) But that’s not what I want you to do. If you choose to take a hike ~ make it a challenge: tackle hills, incorporate sprints, etc… If you choose to go to the park: run around, swing on the swings and jump off, climb up the structures, slide down the slides, play tag. Challenge yourself! Work your heart. Pump it!
After you’re done with the park or your hike, do some standing twists.
Standing Twist and Lift:
- Stand with your feet about shoulder width apart
- Tighten your core (tuck your hips, hold your abs tight to support your back)
- Keeping your hips forward, twist to the right and then to the left and lift your left knee (as you’re twisted to the left)
- Twist right/left/right, lift right knee (as you’re twisted to the right)
- Twist left/right/left, lift left knee (as you’re twisted to the left)
- Do for 1 minute ~ 3 sets
That move would be better shown by video, so I made a video for you! (I think I got my lefts and rights mixed up, but you’ll get the gist.) Check it out: