Did you see the challenge on Facebook yesterday? I hope so! A nice brisk walk with the kiddos was great!
Today, I’d like to do a circuit routine. It will be 20 minutes long ~ not including the cool down. We can all do that, right? Right!
Today’s circuit routine ~ straight from The Biggest Loser Quick and Easy Cookbook:
- Warm up for 10 minutes by walking at a brisk pace
- Lay down on the floor and perform each exercise for 1 minute with little or no rest in between ~ then repeat a 2nd circuit
- Shoulder Rolls ~ forward 15 seconds and backward 15 seconds
- Side Bends ~ feet shoulder width apart, bend at the waist to the side with your arm in the air and reach ~ repeat of the other side
- Lower-Back Mobility ~ feet wider than shoulder width, hinge forward at the hips and perform a cat stretch/release with your hands on your thighs
- Side Lunges ~ Be sure that your knees don’t go past your toes!
- Torso Rotation ~ Arms bent and crossed in front of you
Be sure to keep your abs tight throughout. Really work ~ get your heart rate up and push yourself.
Are you sweating yet?